1. Go to the USGS EarthExplorer website, http://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/. You may enter the site as a guest, or register and log in under your own name.
2. First select which dataset(s) you would like to receive imagery from in the menu on the left. You may chose data from any of the Landsat categories (Archive, Decadal, or Science). Once you have selected your dataset of interest, you may further specify the type of data you are looking for by clicking "Additional Search Criteria" in the Selected Datasets box. Here you may chose specific scenes, paths, or rows; or you may define whether you are looking for day vs. night imagery, percent cloud cover, etc.
3. Use the browser to define the area for which you would like to order imagery. You may enter the coordinates of the area, search by place name, or define your area of interest by clicking on the map once to select a point, or twice to define a rectangular search area. Enter your dates of interest in the fields above the map. Click Search.
4. When the search is complete, click the Data Set name to see the results page. From here, you may click the thumbnails of the results to see a preview of the imagery. You may also click Show in the Show Footprint column to see the area that the scene covers, or you may click Show in the Show All Fields column to see the metadata for that particular scene.
5. Select which scenes you would like to order by clicking their corresponding Order checkboxes. When you have selected all the scenes you need, click Add Selected Items to Shopping Basket at the bottom of the page.
6. Repeat steps 2-6 until you have added all the imagery you wish to order to your shopping basket.
7. Click Shopping Basket in the upper toolbar to review your selected imagery. Copy the scene ID, date acquired, path, and row into our order form.